Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator
riodulcechisme.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch      UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List of Items Stolen from Victims on the Rio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index -> THE GROUND TRUTH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jody
Trivial Mistress

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: List of Items Stolen from Victims on the Rio Reply with quote

As the thefts continue on a regular basis, boaters are talking among themselves and trying to figure out ways to counteract. Some approached me and asked if I will keep a list of items that have been stolen. The thought being that if anyone offers to sell us any of these items, we will be aware that they are probably 'hot,' and refusing to buy stolen property may discourage the thieves. In all honesty, I don't think the culprits would attempt to sell to Gringos, so I'm not sure this will be of much use, however, I am very willing to keep the list and hope it helps.

Anyone interested in reporting, can send me the information via this forum; my email address, jody1206@aol.com; or drop a list off at my store--the Mini Market on the grounds of Bruno's. Also, let me know if you want your name posted. The other boaters seem interested in knowing when and where the robberies occurred, too.

Many of the stolen items are now boat-related--which never occurred in the past. There are reports that even fenders and lines are being taken. In a recent incident in front of Xalaja, the sheets were cut off, but left on the boat. Go figure.

Does anyone know if the police department provides copies of formal reports that are made to them? Do the victims of robbery on the rio even make reports to the police, or do they toss it off as futile effort?

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Let me know if you think this is a good idea and what, if any, information you would like to see reported.

Gracias,
jody
dennysbeach
Senior Lake Rat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a lot of trouble with theft in Punta Brava where my place is located. Constant threats of theft and missing objects......until the thieves started fishing and working in the fincas that are planting and maintaining rubber. Now there is basically no crime.
In the more than 20 years that I have been at the beach I have lost a total of 2 outboards to thieves. One of them was taken during a full moon party from the dock about 15 years ago.
They say if you want to get rid of a thief, give him a job.
At my place, all of the work is done by Guatemalans. I pay much less for this work and offer them to other boaters at their cost.
Give Capt. Roy a call if you need something fixed or painted or whatever. The quality of the work is excellent.
La Costa de Oro
Lago de Izabal
4636-6156 / 5171-7477
denny@dennysbeach.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index -> THE GROUND TRUTH All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: