Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator
riodulcechisme.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch      UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I know better and still...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index -> THE GROUND TRUTH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fretless
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: I know better and still... Reply with quote

I just recharged my iPhone at the Tigo store on the corner of the road to San Felipe. A Tigo 'employee' (in a Tigo Polo shirt anyway) took my phone and held onto it while the store employee recharged my phone via her phone (as is usually the case).

It was very busy and took longer than normal. I noticed the Tigo employee tapping on my phone, going into 'messages', etc.. I asked for the phone back and he gestured 'uno momento' and pointed toward the store employee that was entering the data.

Before going into town I checked my remaining saldo (principle saldo was 44). When the Tigo employee gave my phone back the 1st thing I noticed was there was no message informing me I had just added Q100 of saldo as is usually the case. I then checked the total saldo and I have a principle of 119. Not 144 as I should have. In other words, I only received Q75 of saldo for Q100.

I pointed this out to the 'Tigo employee' and he 'affirmed' Q100 was added by pointing out I had 200 of bonus saldo. Fine, but that did not explain why I only received Q75 toward the principle. Por Que? At that point he said something to another Tigo employee, laughed and turned around and walked away.

Not sure what he did on my phone but I've heard of the scam where using your own phone to add saldo (instead of via another phone) has resulted in the person transferring a portion of your saldo to a different phone in the process and you end up with less than what you paid for.

Fair warning. Never let the person adding saldo to your phone do so using your phone. Just tell them your number and let them do it via their own. It's the way I've always done it and the first time I didn't I got 'Gringoed'.

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Last edited by Fretless on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ontno1
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I get close to biting the bullet and getting a phone I read a story like this and decide that I can, indeed, continue to live phonelessly.
avinsa
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigo is a strange company (not to say dishonest)
I put 100 Q on the 4 of nov in the internet, got no saldo, but a bill and 100 Q less in my account, I did sent a copy of my bank account, got already five e-mails but no saldo... they all sound like that
Por este medio le comentamos que su transacción aún esta en proceso ya que la señorita Madelyn Guzman quien lleva su caso. lo ha reportado pero aún no ha recibido la autorización para realizar la acreditación, así mismo podría indicarnos como fue que realizó tal transacción, llamando a algún número o bien como obtuvo el comprobante adjunto ya que es probable que sea por eso que aún no han dado la autorización. De ante mano pedimos una disculpa. Quedamos a la espera de su respuesta. Gracias,

blah, blah,
elpolvo
web foote

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretless-

not sure if i care that you got ripped off for $3.30 US.
it was probably a karma thing. suck it up babe... it's only
three beers. i'll buy next time.

Laughing
Captain John
Super Windy Senior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can avoid all this by going online and buying saldo yourself from the Tigo website. If you can't speak Spanish you can do it through Ding but they charge a service fee.
Fretless
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpolvo wrote:
fretless-

not sure if i care that you got ripped off for $3.30 US.
it was probably a karma thing. suck it up babe... it's only
three beers. i'll buy next time.

:lol:

I know... it's a pittance. It's not the amount, I just hate getting ripped off. And it confirmed the advice about not letting saldo be added on YOUR phone. Let them do it via theirs. No chance of a problem that way. And IMO it's worth letting others know about it... ('resets' the Karma donchaknow :)

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)
avinsa
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is what I did John, online, still waiting for the saldo, after 5 e-mails with copy of everything, crooks ???
Scoop
Floundering Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Ding (used to be Ezetop) regularly to purchase saldo for phone and computer -- no problems and I don't have to go to town.
encor
Superb Senora Rio Cronista

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...i use vesta prepaid. no prob, and the charge is less than i would spend for gas getting to town.
Bickie
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer, Fretless. I hate when stuff like this happens. I don't know if you have a bank account in town, but we have one with BAM and I can add time to our TIGO phone and our Claro Modem online. No extra charges this way either.
encor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...hey bickie, good news, i didn't know. is this with a Q savings acct? can you fill me in on how it works for tigo?
Bickie
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is the Q savings account that we opened the first year we traveled here in 2002. Several years ago, we worked with the BAM folks here to have online capabilities and with that I can use their "pay" system to take care of the electric bill and add time to the phones or Internet modems. If it is a "triple" day when I buy time for the phone online, I get my extra minutes just like I should. If you have more than one BAM account, you can move funds between those accounts online, too. It works very well.
encor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....thanks, bickie. did you get the tigo acct # from their site, or thru BAM?
Bickie
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have logged in to your BAM account online, you can click on "pagos". A list of things that you can pay will show. One of those options is "pagos de servicios", click on that and more options come up, such as "servicios de telefono, cable e internet". Click on that and you will see "tigo", "claro", etc. If you were to want to add time to your tigo phone, you would click on Tigo at this point, type in your phone number and click on how much time you want to buy and which BAM account do you want this to be debited from. And voila! It is a beautiful thing! Nine times out of 10, this is how I add time to our phones and internet modems and how I pay Energuate.
encor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...muy cool, will give it a try. many thanks for the tutorial.

btw, heard your vhf loud and clear at the bum bum rum this afternoon. hope this means the morning net will soon be graced with your sparkling controlism
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index -> THE GROUND TRUTH All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: