Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator
riodulcechisme.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch      UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

possible bank fraud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index -> THE GROUND TRUTH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riggerman
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: possible bank fraud Reply with quote

I have been around for 5 years, and yesterday I used a new bank machine by mistake.
Not sure of the bank ( I have to go back in town to look it up)
but it is north of litegua and behind a steel gate.
I put My bank card in, pin # and asked for 2000.00 Q
nothing came out, but the screen displayed "transaction completed"
I waited for 15 minutes, give or take a few, still nothing.
I went to the other machine that I normally use, pop came the money and a receipt. I checked today with My bank, and fair enough, the money was taken out of both machines.
By the way, I waited for the next person to use it, it was a local, and he got 100 Q which was what he requested for, " I watched him" he did not get My money.
I am also posting this in the security section.
Good luck all.
elpolvo
web foote

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks riggerman. i had the same thing happen at an ATM in the Holiday
Inn in Guatemala city. I had to contact my bank and they credited my
account for the erroneous transaction/withdrawal. this happened about two
years ago.

good luck to you.
Rick Clifton
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the same experience... on each machine is a phone # that is like #1775.. and the number of the machine.. These are important numbers, Call the 1775 number as soon as possible and give them the time of day this happened, along with your card info.. they can bring Your transaction up in their computer while You are on the phone... Tell them Your story and They will tell You to contact Your bank.. then contact Your bank and have them stop the payment and start an inquiry from their end, I got My $ back in less than a week. and don't forget to get Your receipt from the machine, it has a transaction #(and time of day),, that might be useful.. but not needed to fix the problem. I have found this is the quickest way to deal with this problem.. don't get too upset, call and get Your $ back. When I had to call it took a minute but,, they had a person that could speak English... Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index -> THE GROUND TRUTH All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: