Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator
riodulcechisme.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch      UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spanish Lessons - new group, new concept!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index -> Rio Dulce Events Calendar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jody
Trivial Mistress

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Spanish Lessons - new group, new concept! Reply with quote

Want to learn or improve your Spanish? Here's information on a new group in Rio Dulce that starts tomorrow!! Kitty, on SV Dreamaway is the mastermind/instigator of this terrific idea! Read her note for details and contact information.

Spanish Round Table Lessons:

Will be taught/facilitated by two professional teachers who are coming over from their language school in Morales, Renee (m.) and Brenda
Debut 2 hour lessons to be this Thursday starting at 11:00, at El Relleno Marina (near The Bonnie)
Hour 1 to be lesson pertinent to our needs here on the Rio ... parts, services, shopping, interaction with people, general conversation
Hour 2 to include lunch catered by The Bonnie (Sandy), and to be general conversational Spanish, as we dine
Lunch menu: Jasmine rice, coconut curried vegetables with chicken, Asian salad, bread, and tapioca for dessert (Q25)
Please let The Bonnie know if you need a vegetarian meal
Please bring your own drink
Cost is Q500 per class of 6-8 people, cost to be shared equally by all attendees
There are currently 12 people signed up, so there are likely to be two classes at Q500/each

This is the initial class. We will make alterations as we go. Questions and suggestions for future classes will be welcomed.

We look forward to a great time, a really wonderful lunch, and walking away with a little more confidence in our Spanish

It is hoped/intended that these classes will continue on a weekly basis. Attendees will come and go as their travels allow. Also, there are a number of cruisers who will be returning to the Rio in the fall who have expressed enthusiasm for joining such classes. This is likely to be a dynamic activity with participant flux ... all the more fun.
Please call Kitty (Dream Away, Monkey Bay Marina) on the radio on channel 68, or telephone her at 4928-4244, if you would like to attend.

Seats are limited ... but we are not yet full.
Riggerman
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also interested, but I am returning to the Rio on or about August 20th.
Is this going to be an on going thing I.E. long-term? And are there different levels, I really do not know how to classify Myself, beginner or mediocre LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index -> Rio Dulce Events Calendar All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: