Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator
riodulcechisme.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch      UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naval Patrol Status - 18 January 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index -> THE GROUND TRUTH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElJeem
Super Senior River Rat

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Naval Patrol Status - 18 January 2010 Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Welcome to 2010, so far so good this year. You may or may not have noticed it, but the patrols were missing for a couple of days, no fuel. This appears to have been related to the distribution of funds from INGUAT to the Military. But that seems to have been sorted. The patrols are now back on schedule.

I also want to take a moment of your time to remind you that EcoRio spearheaded this effort to get the Navy Patrol in place here. EcoRio is a registered non-profit here in Guatemala and really does have our best interests at heart when it comes to the Rio and the environment.

I know you have asked yourself, how can I contribute. Well, take a moment to review the EcoRio (ERB 2.0) postings here on the Chisme.

ERB is the annual Benefit to raise awareness and funds for EcoRio.

Cheers
El Jeem

The contact information for reaching the patrol for assistance has not changed.

The Patrol area is from Marios Marina to El Castille, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The patrol receives requests for Emergency Assistance at:

Cel No. 40404971 - Cell Phone on the boat.
Apostadero No. 7968 5744 - Landline

Alferez SIPAQUE (Pron. see-pa-kae): 4388 2705

You may also contact the patrol on CH-16 (VHF)

When calling for assistance, be aware that there is very limited English spoken. So be prepared with someone who can assist you in Spanish.

If anyone is actually being boarded or sees a neighboring boat being boarded I suggest they make all the noise possible, blare horns, fire flares, CALL 40404971 and Hail "Guarda Costa" on the VHF. Then call everyone else...see phones above.

This information is provided by EcoRio

Cheers
Jim
www.mariosmarina.com

Last edited by ElJeem on Fri May 15, 2009 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator Forum Index -> THE GROUND TRUTH All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: